1. If your character is in the same emotional state at the end of the scene as it was at the beginning of the scene, then you’re doing it wrong.
2. 100% of scenes will be made better by just saying what you are honestly thinking.
3. Back story does NOT equal justification. Back story is just stuff that happened in the past (like the criminally overused “Ever since mom left…”) Justification is the cause to the game’s effect. It’s the philosophy that drives the unusual thing.
4. Way too often, people forget to act.
5. Don’t wear scarves onstage. I mean, come on.
Seriously, don’t wear scarves onstage.